Got this in two separate e-mails yesterday. If you know who the author is, please let me know so I can give the appropriate “props”:)
* If you grow up in Hawaii, raised by your grandparents, you’reexotic, different.”
* Grow up in Alaska eating mooseburgers, a quintessential Americanstory.
* If your name is Barack you’re a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.
* Name your kids Willow, Trig and Track, you’re a maverick.
* Graduate from Harvard law School and you are unstable.
* Attend 5 different small colleges before graduating, you’re wellgrounded.
* If you spend 3 years as a brilliant community organizer, becomethe first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter registration drive that registers150,000 new voters, spend 12 years as a Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a State Senatorrepresenting a district with over 750,000 people, become chairman of the state Senate’s Health and HumanServices committee, spend 4 yearsin the United States Senate representing a state of 13 millionpeople while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public Works andVeteran’s Affairs committees, youdon’t have any real leadership experience.
* If your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the citycouncil and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people, 20 months as the governor of a statewith only 650,000 people, then you’re qualified to become the country’s second highest rankingexecutive.
* If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years whileraising 2 beautiful daughters, all withinProtestant churches, you’re not a real Christian.
* If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and leftyour disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you’re a Christian.
* If you teach responsible, age appropriate sex education,including the proper use of birth control, you areeroding the fiber of society.
* If , while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only,with no other option in sex education in yourstate’s school system while your unwed teen daughter ends uppregnant , you’re very responsible.
* If your wife is a Harvard graduate lawyer who gave up a positionin a prestigious law firm to work for thebetterment of her inner city community, then gave that up toraise a family, your family’s values don’t represent America’s.
* If you’re husband is nicknamed “First Dude”, with at least oneDWI conviction and no college education,who didn’t register to vote until age 25 and once was a member ofa group that advocated the secession ofAlaska from the USA, your family is extremely admirable.
OK, much clearer now.