Because I’ve added yet another three (or four?) projects to my list of about 25 unfinished ones
And then I started this Little sister’s dress for, you guessed it – Ruby. It’s actually a jumper in the American sense of the word: a dress with short or no sleeves, intended to be worn over a shirt. It’s just flying off the needles – I’m now at the rather boring straight stockinette section, but it’s only a size 4T – how long can it take? Needless to say, I’m going to be finishing both these projects first – the hats because the weather will soon be turning and the jumper/dress because little ones grow so quickly. I tried it on Ruby last night (as far as I’ve gotten with it) and so far, it fits! whoo hoo. Had to do some adjustments to the pattern because it’s really made for babies – sizes 6 mos to 1 year – and in a fingering weight yarn. The adjustments were fairly simple – using a standard sizing chart (wikipedia has a good one) and measuring Ruby to be sure it was correct, then a gauge swatch, then I have my stitch count and off I went. Size 9 needles and worsted weight are so unusual for me after a summer of lace knitting! I started this Saturday and did a little more knitting yesterday. I’d say I was on a roll. The only funny thing is that the little “slash” where the buttons/buttonholes go is on the wrong side. Oh well, LOL!
It’s a beautiful September day – so of course my terrorist antennae is on alert!