Wednesday shenanigans

I posted this picture on Ravelry today at the behest of ExecutiveKnitter. This is my version of a swift -the “Apprentice” – sold by Staples and at half the price of most swifts. Suggestion: remove pencils and especially the letter opener before winding, LOL! It worked, though – with only a few time-outs to get the yarn out of the bottom spinning thingie.
It’s finally over. Henry and I are just not getting along. So I frogged him – as you can see from these pictures shortly before his demise, the pattern was not working – and yes, there were errata posted on the Knitty site, but even with the corrections, I could not keep things right. So Henry, it isn’t you, it’s me. We just have to say good bye.

Today began early – at about 5:30 a.m. to be exact. John’s cell phone dialed mine by mistake. Awww, how romantic NOT, LOL! Of course I called him back, thinking something awful had happened at the hotel. But he was fine. Later, Rob and Lisa got off to Denver. They’re back home now, loaded down with crab chips, thanks to my dear husband who just handles everything, bless his heart. I finally did get back to sleep for a couple more hours then off to court for an exceptions hearing which was settled. Then to the office. On the way home, I stopped by Connie R’s office to drop off some forms and office paper stuff. It was really nice to see her, although she’s going through a rough time with her sister’s cancer. We’re meeting for lunch tomorrow at about 11:30 to discuss coverage for Friday and Monday. Then, hopefully to the church to make up for the missed bell prax on Tuesday, then I’m on call for shelters, but hopefully will have an opportunity to walk around the lake again – if the weather stays as lovely as it’s been the past few days (excepting yesterday’s rain).
Friday, I’m on call for Connie’s shelters and have coverage for the hearings I have on my dockets. Saturday will be cleaning in the church choir loft, visits in preparation for Monday’s docket, and of course wash and cleaning (right) – and then double duty on Sunday between bells and choir.
Tonight I finally went to the Sip ‘n Knit at Borders and could not believe my eyes. There must have been about 30 people there – we took over the cafe’! It was nice to catch up with everyone and see their projects. I tried with Henry, but alas, it was not to be. Oh well, I’ll have to use that yarn for something else.
Good night – have some laundry to do – I promised John!+


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s