CozyKitty tagged me for the latest go round on the random things meme. Here are the rules:Once tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Then post the rules before your list, and list 8 random things about yourself. At the end of the post, you must tag and link to 8 other people, visit their sites, and leave a comment letting them know they’ve been tagged.
Here are my random things which those of you who read this probably already know:
1. I grew up in a number of States in the U.S., but pretty much grew up on Long Island. When someone says “The City,” I think of Manhattan. When I was younger, my father’s jobs took us to: Connecticut (New Haven area), Texas (near Dallas), Missouri (Creve Coeur, near St. Louis), and back to the New York metro area: Massapequa Park, Woodbury, Oyster Bay Cove. I have visited new New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Florida (wedding), Nevada (conference) and California (weddings). I spent a semester at the Johannes Gutenberg University in Mainz, Germany (West Germany until 14 years later). But my most favorite place on earth so far is Vermont, where I attended college in Middlebury. I still have friends there and have left a piece of my heart there.
2. Although I am an attorney, I majored in Music and German as an undergraduate. I still think those were amazing subjects and prepared me well for life. As did serious study of the Bible, debating philosophy, psychology and theology. So there to all you “no child behind” morons!
3. I’m a hardcore Democrat/liberal/socialist/commie-pinko-fag. Of course, if you are reading my blog, then you already know that! (stole this one from KozyKitty – with modifications!)
4. I have struggled all my life with sugar/white flour/food addictions, but thanks to my dear husband and a wonderful friend whom I love like family, I’m getting better.
5. I have been poor and worried where I was going to be living from month to month for more years than I care to remember. I still struggle financially, but do not regret for one millisecond John’s and my decision to have the children we had because the world is a better place for their presence.
6. Psychology intrigues me. Good people who have been marginalized by society intrigue me. Survivors intrigue me the most – and they have my deepest admiration and my heart!
7. I don’t hate many people and I don’t hate much. But I positively DETEST bullies!!!
8. I grew up in a home with parents and later stepparents that never said to turn the Top40 radio off – because my Dad was the DJ:) We heard a lot of jazz, and tons of rock, but classical – especially Renaissance, Baroque and early music – is my absolute favorite.
On a more mundane note: I was up WAY too late last night to admit, but did sleep in quite a bit this morning, and so got virtually nothing done, except for a few minor errands. Delivered a crocheted scarf from Midge from our Columbia Knitting Meetup to a Knitting for Charity event down by the lakefront in Columbia, then proceeded to knit a stitch sampler pink scarf for a Breast Cancer (hopefully) survivor. It’s half done.
Tomorrow will be a long day – two services then Evensong at Bonnie Blink (masonic retirement home) then dinner out with some of the choir members. Then home. Ahhh:)
More pics and posts to follow!+